You’ve got a blog. You’re already publishing content. Maybe you’re on SheWrites.com and in Red Room. You’re posting updates on Facebook and maybe Twitter too. You’re already connected, why would you take the time to be a guest blogger on someone else’s blog?
Or maybe you haven’t stepped into blogging. Maybe you’re new to social media and online communities. Why would you go through the effort to learn this? Or hire someone to do it for you?
Here are nine reasons authors want to be guest bloggers.
- You’ll reach new audiences at each new blog site. Even if they have few subscribers, each blog has a different reach in searches.
- Every relevant link back to your author site or book site helps strengthen your site’s presence in search engines (google/bing etc).
- You have a chance to build new relationships with people near and far, around the globe.
- Just by asking about or receiving an invite for guest blogging, you’re establishing a new contact.
- Guest blogging is a form of online networking, and networking is a way to grow our world.
- You’re helping out the blog where you guest post, and they will want to reciprocate in some way.
- You have a chance to answer new questions and share something new about yourself as a writer.
- You’re contributing to building a network of writers supporting other writers.
- An opportunity shows up and you decide to go for it!
What reasons can you think of to be a guest blogger? Why wouldn’t you do it?